Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Friend, Nick

I'm still here - still not sure what I'm doing. At first, I thought I could make this my "professional" blog that would keep me connected with the world of science education. And as ideas go, it was fairly noble. The problem was that as I attempted to network, the amount of comments on the posts didn't increase. So, what to do?

I got a comment the other day from a friend of mine, Nick - whom I've never met. He comments on a blog that I frequent and clicked on the link next to my name. And he commented on my blog! (When he mentioned it on the Russoville blog that we visit, my response was "What Blog?"). He's got his own blog as well called Hitting the Post and it's pretty good. I read a few posts and was impressed.

It got me thinking, though. What's the point of having a blog if it just sits there. And I've got other thoughts as well. I'm not going to let this blog consume me, but I have news to share and I can do it here. If people care, great. If not, who gives a rip? I'm more than just a washed up science teacher; I coach volleyball, I follow the Minnesota Wild, I play a little hockey, and I'm a stay at home dad. If I veer off the path, well so be it. We'll see where the path leads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good For you. Nice to see you updated. (I am the kgopher from Russo's Rants)