Friday, March 2, 2007

Welcome to the Biology Mart

A little about me. Ten years ago, I was a rookie biology teacher who was teaching at a suburban Twin Cities Catholic High School, getting my cute, little ears wet. After getting married, having kid one, then having kid two, my wife and I decided that I should stay home with the two peanuts, whilest she have a go at the working world.

Things have worked out nicely, but I miss teaching and being part of the "educational landscape" (outside of teaching my own kids). Having a slight background in technology got me thinking about how I could teach, but still stay home. Therefore - four tiny letters later... BLOG.

The Biology Mart was the name of my class web site when I taught. I figured I'd keep the name - I'm pretty attached to it. I would like to use the resources I have spent ten years developing, and start a conversation with biology students (and science students for that matter) that will keep me plugged into what they're doing, all the while helping students get the most out of what they're studying.

I hope this fulfills a need for some folks - and if it does, thanks for having me. Check back often for "conversation starters"

No comments: