Thursday, March 8, 2007

Biology For All

From the initial looks of it, this blog may be construed as a place for students to get help. That is certainly one of the uses of this blog, but I don't want to limit it to one use yet.

I am a "Stay at Home Dad" (or SAHD for short - thank you Stephen Colbert) and recently while I was at a "function" with my 20 month old, I had a conversation with a mother of an 18 month old. We talked about what we were doing in the meantime while our professional lives were on hold and I told her about this blog. She said "That's great, because I have spoken with so many parents who want to do more science stuff with their kids."

Now short of starting my own "Science Birthday Party" company, I want to help parents do what hopefully I am doing with my own two kids - instill an enjoyment of science. Whether it's going on a nature walk, playing with dinosaurs, or going to the local science museum, I intend to make this blog a home for enjoyable biology and science activities and discussion.

No comments: